estrik ripley

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no longer rp

5 posters

Storyline / Faction Suggestions

Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Darnell Jackson

Storyline / Faction Suggestions Empty Storyline / Faction Suggestions

Post by Sinic Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:03 pm

Write out shit you think should be confirmed for this apocalypse gamemode.

Info that's already confirmed that could help you is:

- Set in more rural areas. Areas outside of the major outbreak.
    - More based on society collapse than zombies, so a zombie occurrence wouldn't be too common, in the beginning atleast.
    - Ask Lone and Duck for other info that I don't know kthxbai.
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Character Name : blerygan rynauew

Storyline / Faction Suggestions Empty Re: Storyline / Faction Suggestions

Post by H.Drescher Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:37 am

Possible Locations:

Germany

Russia

America

Canada

Romania
    -----------------------------------------------------

These locations aren't as fucking stupid as Ireland and we won't be eating potatoes because famines. Not to mention there are no weapons in Ireland as well and a certain someone wants a shitty excuse to bring their bomb making terrorist group characters into it.

--------------------------------------------------------

Potential story line??? ( Simple Idea for now )

After a while survivor groups hear air raid sirens and so on, one of the world Super power brings Firebombs/ Some sort of super nuke capable of destroying and carving landscapes onto the area.

-Notes: Air Raid sirens would be fucking stupid unless we are near a city, So scratch that.

-We would probably have the nuke just be random or in order to prevent the deaths of characters, survivors could raid a military base of some sort and overhear the radio confirming Hammerdown or something.

-Appoc and Ineu pass are different, but certain nuclear weapons are capable of changing landscapes drasiticly such as the Tsar bomb. Either that or we can completely ignore landscapes.

-Zombies obviously will be rather rare in the first days, but as people begin to flee from the cities, hordes follow along and soon zombies will be common. When/if the firebombs/nukes/whatever hit, most of the zombies will be obliterated, but soon they will begin to come back, and possibly mutation form of virus? For instance having a higher health and being faster? Not anything ridiculous.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, please for fucks sake no player zombies. I made a huge mistake in Nova from doing that and the player zombie “became” trained and had become the pet of one of the survivors. It’s also an excuse for people to just randomly punch whore, die repeatedly without PKs or having any other effects, and so on. Its complete bullshit.

Now let’s watch a suggestion thread turn into a flame war like almost all the over threads. Take this seriously guys.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:42 am

I would go with Germany or Canada as a location. Russia would be cool, but it's a bit overused in many cases.

I like the idea on starting in Ineu Pass, or maybe in an urban map, and then escaping out to the rural areas (to Ineu Pass), then later, we would have a nuclear attack or something while the survivors hide in the bunker that's already in the Ineu Pass map, and then we change to Apocalypse. Like you said, yes, they can change the landscape entirely, and Apocalypse doesn't exactly need to be a destroyed replica, we could just say we went underground and came out to another location in the area that is a bit more urban (hence the large buildings in the dead city).

Also, on the player zombies. It'll be great for a donator to receive that if they choose to, and trust me, we would tell them not to punch whore people, and if we see them do stupid shit like become a pet (which I remember from Nova, until we shot the zombie before they continued), then we'll warn them before blacklisting them from it.

But we desperately need donation rewards, and since custom player models isn't (hopefully) going to happen, we desperately need different rewards, anything like a whitelist for a faction like military or something would be stupid for donation rewards because those are something normal players would really want and are character development related while player zombies would just be a fun thing to add in. If zombies are going to be rare, it'll be a more enjoyable experience fighting one individual zombie in close quarters with /me's that hopefully an admin will be watching than just have one easy to kill and unrealistic SNPC.
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:57 am

I'm leaning towards Canada a bit more, mainly because we won't get annoying AMERICA FUCK YEAH Characters, or Neo Nazi characters exterminating every person they come across from not having blond hair and blue eyes. However obviously this can be enforced, it will still be annoying as fuck.

I'll be okay with the zombie characters, but as said, just keep them in line and watch them. Oh, and only make them be able to type in /mes, no talking at all unless it's LOOC, OOC, PMs, and so on.

Donation rewards are hard, but let's take TF2's Mann CO as a model for that instead. Hats are the key, right?
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:06 am

Yeah we could have donator exclusive items, but it'll be kinda stupid if they sell their item to someone, but maybe that could be the good side, if they choose to give their donator exclusive item to someone for something else, then that's like saying buying a promotional item for TF2 (pre-order L4D2 for Bill's Hat) and selling it for another item.

We'd also need some cool models for uniform items. (so it'll be like a custom model, that you can take off, most people usually just want custom models that include badass gasmask gear, so yeah :P)

If we had a currency in the game as well, we could give them some money for their donations that the character would receive ICly.

I'm just throwing suggestions out there since we don't have many options.
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:19 am

If it's Ireland, patatoes for currency, because patato famines, because we are racist pricks.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:22 am

I would be fine with Ireland, but Apocalypse doesn't seem to have an Irish look at all, even if you picture Ireland being nuked or something, the map obviously looks continental while Ireland is obviously a maritime area. Apocalypse reminds me of Germany, in a way, Ineu Pass would make sense with Canada being the setting though. It all depends, and we can't do little-konwn (AKA, non-mainstream) countries like Romania or Kazakhstan because we want people to join and have a full understanding on what the country would be like.
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:30 am

I was thinking geologicly as German can be mountainous, along with Romania, Kakfuckastan is a desert and wouldn't even fit. Up north in Canada is rather mountainous so that would fit, but we would have to create some sort of excuse that the tunnel leeds 250 miles to one of the cities like North Korea's bullshit maze of tunnels.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:38 am

British Columbia has loads of mountains, but is a very maritime area. That would look good with Ineu Pass, Alberta's continental because of no large bodies of water being nearby, so that could work as well, but, Alberta and British Columbia's don't have large buildings like what was seen in Apocalypse, don't ask me, I haven't been there, but I could just guess.
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:52 am

I only flew over Columbia so it's rather hard to get a picture of what it looks like from the air, but

British Columbia Mountain Range
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

It could very much prove to be a good location...

German Mountain Range
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Personally, Ineu's passes mountains look very similar to British Columbia's so that's always a possiblity. Ireland's terrian is rather flat and often has many fields and forests, but hardly any mountain ranges.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:19 pm

Ineu Pass is a must for British Columbia then, but I still can't picture going into the Apocalypse map and seeing "BRITISH COLUMBIA, 2013" appear on your screen, it just doesn't fit.
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:41 pm

Some areas of British Columbia are flat and hilly, it's a rather diverse area, but it's mostly mountain ranges though.

An example of an Appoc looking landscape, as it's landscape is rather flat, with some cliffs and hills, so it fits rather nicely.

Due to the fact that Flicker is a faggot, here is the image without [img/] links because they don't work

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Sure, but I'm not sure, we're probably not gonna focus our attention onto Ineu Pass's mountains because we won't be on that map for such a long time. Most of the fun will be on Apocalypse. I think we should go with Germany, or Russia because of how Ineu Pass has that Russian writing and how there's that Russian stuff in Apocalypse.
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:47 pm

Meh, we could probably spray our hentai, I mean pot, I mean whatever onto them, Old MC gaben had a farm, E I E I O.

Or just consider them as non cannon, No one has done canada yet. I think, so it's rather original.

Canada, eh?
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:04 pm

Okay then, just I still can't imagine British Columbia being in the Apocalypse map. "Ruins of BC, 2013" could work though.
    xDaStallionx
    xDaStallionx
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Hudson Cortez

Post by xDaStallionx Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:33 pm

And then Duckhead says: "OH GOD NO NOT CANADA!" ohfuck

i'm sorry
    Lone
    Lone
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Alan White

Post by Lone Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:45 pm

This entire thread consists of only Drescher and Sinic talking to each other. also fuck you no player zombies.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:37 pm

how, the, fuck, will, we, get, donations, then.

Also we're only talking because nobody else has been joining in, not our fault we are lolactive on the forums. :fuckthat:
    duckhead666
    duckhead666
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : imafaggot

Post by duckhead666 Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:51 am

Sinic wrote:Okay then, just I still can't imagine British Columbia being in the Apocalypse map. "Ruins of BC, 2013" could work though.

Who told you we're using rp_apocalypse? Whoever it was, they've made a fool of you.
    Lone
    Lone
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Lone Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:51 am

I would fucking donate to have player zombies removed, it's so awful man.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:00 pm

duckhead666 wrote:Who told you we're using rp_apocalypse? Whoever it was, they've made a fool of you.

Well then Lone made a fool out of me.

Lone wrote:I would fucking donate to have player zombies removed, it's so awful man.

In a gamemode where zombies are rare, we are not going to have a cameo zombie become a SNPC that runs at you and we just shoot him half way across the map, if zombies are going to be rare, then why not have a zombie faction? Sure we can plan better events that involves one SNPC, but still, we don't have many choices, especially if we choose a map that has no AI nodes.

Last edited by Sinic on Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lone
    Lone
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Lone Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:06 pm

People will whine and bitch about being killed by a player zombie, or being killed as a player zombie until the universe ends.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:08 pm

And people whine and bitch even more when they get killed by SNPCs when they are low on stamina and desperately ask for refunds, or leave the server, we've seen this before.
    xDaStallionx
    xDaStallionx
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Hudson Cortez

Post by xDaStallionx Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:47 pm

Not having a Zombie faction is sort of like not having a CP faction in HL2RP. It is EXCEEDINGLY boring to see two or three zombies running up to you and just either whacking them with a melee or shooting them. They can easily avoid NPC's, and shrug off a scratch because of the fact it was an NPC.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:49 pm

xDaStallionx wrote:Not having a Zombie faction is sort of like not having a CP faction in HL2RP. It is EXCEEDINGLY boring to see two or three zombies running up to you and just either whacking them with a melee or shooting them. They can easily avoid NPC's, and shrug off a scratch because of the fact it was an NPC.
    I actually find it hard to run away from the zombie SNPCs because they keep chasing you and your stamina lowers more than Gabe Newell running up a downwards escalat-
    *THIS JUST IN, EPISODE 3 HAS BEEN DELAYED FOR ANOTHER 27 YEARS*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:28 am