estrik ripley

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no longer rp

+4
H.Drescher
bowlin12
Mitch
Zombie
8 posters

JulianZombie - OTA App

Zombie
    Zombie

Character Name : Julian Young

JulianZombie - OTA App Empty JulianZombie - OTA App

Post by Zombie Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:34 pm

Entirely Out-Of-Character Information

Steam Name: Julianzombie

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22923794

First Name: Julian

Requested Unit Digits (5): 05478

How long have you been roleplaying? Well-over five years.

How long have you been roleplaying in serious OpenAura servers? Two or three years.

How long have you been roleplaying in serious HL2RP servers? Two or three years.

Do you have any past experience roleplaying as an Overwatch unit? I do not.

If so, what were your ranks in those servers for Overwatch? N/A

Do you have any past experience roleplaying as a Civil Protection unit? I do.

If so, what were your ranks in those servers for Civil Protection? Recruit (Server Death)

Why do you want to join the Overwatch Transhuman Arm? For the wonderful roleplay experience, mainly. I wish to test my abilities as a player in order to better my experience on Esoteric Servers.

Do you have any skills or knowledge that could relatively assist the Overwatch Transhuman Arm (lifeguard/medical training, firearms knowledge, etc.)? Airsoft (IRL), Bilingual, Firearm knowledge, Very basic medical (Parents in the field)

What are your character's personality traits? (Personality and mentality.) Intellectual, Cooperative, Servile, Humorous, Attentive, Trustworthy, Quiet Unless Otherwise (Rarity)

What type of armed force was your character affiliated with before and during the 7 Hour War? (police force, military, airforce, etc.) Marines Scout Sniper

Write a background story (app. 4+ paragraphs) of your character's life, and how they were captured in the 7 Hour War to become transhumanized:

Today was the day reality struck. Every minute now makes the difference of all who walk this tiny earth. Beings - that's what they are. Beings who know how to be, and are, the single greatest threat to mankind. The thought is overwhelming - first and last contact. I know that none of our Marines can do a thing. What awesome might the visitors wore as their skin - presenting themselves as the future. I believe it. My squadrine and I simply watch in shock and awe. Humans have never felt so powerless, and It now consumes us as a whole.

We're ordered to fall back from our position around Black Mesa. We know not what we are to expect, but we now see it. 'It' is this mammoth-of-a-beast that charged it's way through solid concrete and steel just now before my eyes. Dark plates of naturally-occurring, reflective armor coat the beast as I see myself in it. I see myself about to die as it leans in to allow me the sound of its hideous roar. It did its purpose. It made me and my fellow men vacate the location faster than we had imagined possible. It merely showing its face got dozens of good men destroyed. They died well. Hopefully I will join them in a good, sweet death.

It pursues us through the streets of the wasted city as the visitors watch close by. They seem entertained by this. We have no time to run to cover, so we just run. Years of mile after mile every day seemed like nothing now, probably because it was, when compared to this moment. Their aircraft scurry about above us doing Lord-knows-what. We have no choice but to enter the sewers through a manhole. The concrete and piping around the hole shatter like glass before me. My companions all dying. I am alone in the dark. I have no radio signal, limited ammunition, a sniper rifle, and no idea what to do; so I improvise. My improvisation is interrupted by a derailed train screeching along the tunnel on the other side of the wall. This could help me. I rush through the infinite dark and only seem to be more lost than before. I'm ceased by an enveloping sunlight and the sound of wind in the air. As I follow it, I see where I am. Perched above an outdoor boarding station. There, in the tracks is that gargantuous beast. It sees me see it, when a sudden bright light reflects off its armor. Metal-on-metal echoes through the tunnel below me. Without thinking, as a soldier should, I jump down from my perch, luring it in front of me. As it raises its enormous appendage to strike me, I'm pushed aside by a wreckage of metal, fire, ear-shattering sounds, and a roar I would never forget. That beast let out its cry of defeat by my hand. I am triumphant, but am I dead?

Alas, I am not dead. I am very alive - more than I have ever been. When one is handed a booklet with a metaphorical title 'Options' from his higher-rank life forms, he can only help to feel alive after reading the contents. Half man, half machine. Mind and metal colliding in a fantastic, powerful form. I could not help but chose this righteous path. Nor would they let me refuse. I am perfection now. I see this. I see the error of my past life and species.

Provide an example of passive roleplay as an Overwatch unit (app. 2+ paragraphs or 20 lines):
    /it The Outland is quiet and inactive. No Civvies chirping, No OTA barking.
    /me The On-duty unit quickly examines his armor and plating to reassure that it is to OTA standards. It is.
    /it A second Unit's patrol path meets with his own.
    /me The 1st Unit salutes his superior and attempts to continue his route, but is stopped.
    Second Unit: "Oh-Five."
    05: "Sir?"
    Second Unit: "Inform me of your route."
    05: "I am to patrol the North-West and South East cliffs."
    Second Unit: "Is that all?"
    05: "No, sir."
    Second Unit: "Continue.."
    05: "I am not to leave the vicinity of sector Alpha or Bravo, due to Anti-Civil activity."
    Second Unit: "And where do these 'sectors' end?"
    05: "Just beyond either cliff face, sir."
    Second Unit: "Excellent memory. You will now attach."
    05: "I cannot comply, Sir."
    Second Unit: "Why not?"
    05: "My orders are from KING. I am not to leave my route until dismissed by our Superior."
    Second Unit: "Is that so? Carry on."
    /it The two units nod and go their separate routes only to meet roughly in the same location as each one loops around.
    /it The Outland remains still.

Provide an example of action roleplay as an Overwatch unit (app. 3+ paragraphs or 30 lines):
    /it A lonely Overwatch unit is placed high above a deserted, destroyed town.
    /it He has a high-powered rifle in hand and an objective in mind. 'End the misery of these poor ugly lifeforms.
    /me Scopes in on a White male Human popping his head out. He quickly calculates that the human is most-likely trying to sprint out of the city through a gap in the buildings about 100 yards thick. 100 yards of open space for him to place two to three rounds.
    /it The White male springs from his hiding, running away like the cowardice ape it is.
    /me The Unit estimates the man is running North/North-East at about 17-20mph.
    /it The wind blows to the west at roughly 20mph.
    /it The white male has made it to about 40 yards.
    /me The Unit estimates the man is 200 yards away from him due North-West.
    /it The male is at 60 yards.
    /me The Unit quickly aims upward 1 1/2 notches and 2 notches in front of the man.
    /it The wind carries the bullet as it grazes the man's leg at 70 yards, slowing him down.
    /me The Unit tosses another round with his aim in front of his target now increased to 2 1/2 notches.
    /it The man is at 80 yards and closing slowly. He leaves a trail of his red, reflective blood.
    /me The Unit places another round.
    /it The wind carries it as it enters the man's ribs at 95 yards.
    /me The Unit marks his kill.
    /me The Unit quickly resumes his view over the city. He does not fire at the many scattered undead.
    /it The wind kicks up along with the dust. View becomes limited.
    /me The Unit radios the above information about the dust for his fellow companions for their safety and success.
    /it A team of two resistance operatives' cover is disturbed by a faster undead.
    /me Radios "We've got two Operatives on the West side of the North-West Skyscraper. Requesting permission to amputate."
    /it The Unit is told to stand by for a firing squad. It approaches from the East.
    /it AR2 rounds batter the area around the disturbed resistance now making a move North on the West side of the building.
    /me The Sniper Unit has visual.
    /me Radios 'Visual on hostiles north-bound.'
    /it This reconnaissance allows the squad to move up Northward on the East side of the skyscraper.
    /me The Sniper Unit stands by awaiting orders and spotting.
    /it The Resistance Operatives are on the N-West corner, OTA on the N-East. They are about to clash at the North Wall of the skyscraper.
    /me The Unit is ordered to relocate so he has the North wall in his FOV, and he does so without thinking.
    /it Now with a view, the Sniper Unit sets up with his aim on the N-West corner.
    /it A Resistance Operative sprays SMG rounds around their occupied corner. The rounds come close to his companions.
    /me The Unit pops several suppressive rounds at the N-W corner.
    /it Openings in the building tell the Unit that the Operatives are now moving toward the South-West corner.
    /it The Firing squad adjusts to the South-East corner, where they replay their game of Cat and Mouse and Spray bullets.
    /me The Unit instinctively adjusts his position to view the South Wall.
    /it The operatives navigate back to the N-W corner, pass the North wall and near the N-W corner.
    /me The Unit radios that the Operatives are closing on their Six O'clock.
    /it The Firing squad makes their 6 their 12 and opens suppressively onto the popping-out resistance.
    /it The Operatives are forced to fall back. The Firing squad in hot pursuit.

Character Information (during 7 Hour War, also OOC)

Name: James Buckwood

Affiliated Police Force:
    or
    Affiliated Army: Marines

Role: Scout Sniper

Commonly Issued Primary Firearm: M82 Sniper Rifle

Weight: 210lbs.

Height: 6'0"

Hair Color: Brown

Eye Color: Green

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Distinguishing Marks: None.

Yes or No? (Still OOC)

Please mark one with a ✔

Are you currently a member of the Metropolice Force?

Yes __ No

>>

If so, what rank are you?

Please mark one with a ✔

Are you currently a member of the Civil Workers’ Union?

Yes __ No

>>

If so, what do you do for the CWU?

Do you promise that you will not minge or troll at all or cause any disruption for both the roleplay and the community? I promise.

Do you promise that you will roleplay as realistically as you can? Overwatch units are supposed to almost all identical in personality and in verbal skill levels. I understand and promise.

Last edited by Zombie on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Zombie
    Zombie

JulianZombie - OTA App Empty Re: JulianZombie - OTA App

Post by Zombie Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:47 pm

If anything needs questioning or explaining I'll gladly rephrase or explain.
    Mitch
    Mitch

Character Name : Jesse Szymanski

Post by Mitch Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:38 pm

As soon as you said you have been roleplaying on open aura servers for "two or three years" I stopped reading. I wonder what else your making up.
    bowlin12
    bowlin12

Post by bowlin12 Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:26 am

Zombie wrote:

05: "My orders are from KING. I am not to leave my route until dismissed by our Superior."

His orders are defiantly not from King.
    Zombie
    Zombie

Post by Zombie Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:17 am

bowlin12 wrote:
    Zombie wrote:

His orders are defiantly not from King.

Elaborate.

Mitch wrote:As soon as you said you have been roleplaying on open aura servers for "two or three years" I stopped reading. I wonder what else your making up.

I don't know exactly how long. Hence the guesstimate. Maybe my app should be read before being judged.

Also, if you REALLY want to know me, listen to my music.

The link is on this profile. No shit, just music.
    Mitch
    Mitch

Character Name : Jesse Szymanski

Post by Mitch Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:24 pm

Zombie wrote:
    Mitch wrote:As soon as you said you have been roleplaying on open aura servers for "two or three years" I stopped reading. I wonder what else your making up.

I don't know exactly how long. Hence the guesstimate. Maybe my app should be read before being judged.

Open Aura hasn't even been out for a year. That's one hell of a guesstimate.
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Character Name : blerygan rynauew

Post by H.Drescher Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:21 am

OpenAuroa turns one in like, May? I am not too sure about it. I do know that it hasn't been out for ten years. Anyhow, I would get to work on fixing up your application as sinic has already given you a couple days to fix it up before he denies it. I suggest you get to work on it FAST and not make the same mistake I did with my MPF app. Also read up on the codes, which is in this thread.

http://www.esotericroleplay.net/t29-topic

This is for MPF handbook, but the codes are the same for Overwatch, and also reading about MPF will I guess give you another idea about overwatch, but remember the two are COMPLETELY different.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Darnell Jackson

Post by Sinic Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:17 am

Mitch wrote:Open Aura hasn't even been out for a year. That's one hell of a guesstimate.
    I've been playing OpenAura since December 28th, 2010 (inb4 more than a year ago), so you're not exactly correct on that one.
    Maybe she is talking about similar gamemodes like Nexus? Which is older. (I'm not exactly sure, just you are all not making it exactly easy for someone's application by just nit-picking at the small points.)

Also, guys, stop just flooding the thread negatively, not sure why you're all making quick judgements (hence Mitch thinking the app is crap just because of a small guess of HL2RPing time) especially making it insecure for others to make applications, because they are probably thinking that their next app is going to be flooded with all this, Zombie is already feeling like her app just got flamed and I haven't even read the first damn word yet, and there is already a bunch of comments from Mitch, bowlin and Drescher.

Last edited by Sinic on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Humper
    Humper

Character Name : Richter Sunderland

Post by Humper Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:57 am

Maybe you may of been confused with Nexus rather then OA? Simple mistake really since Kuro can't make any of his game modes seem unique.

Just putting that out there for the applicant. Not sure if my vote matters but, I'd plus vote this bitch up like a christmas tree.
    Zombie
    Zombie

Post by Zombie Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:14 am

That awkward moment when I'm a male. :megusta:
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:23 pm

Zombie wrote:That awkward moment when I'm a male. :megusta:
    Well if you join and the first character you roleplay with is a chick, then that's going to get implemented into people's minds, so you are probably gonna get that a lot.

Especially for Starbucks since he has Amy as her- I mean, his, avatar.

Before I fully review this app, I need to state that two things are REALLY getting on my nerves with this app (don't be afraid, I ain't angry).

1. The lack of bolding and underlines on the titles and questions, making it extremely difficult to read the entire app and also shows that you haven't put over-average effort into this entire document for customization and general digital lustre.

2. Your capitalization on unnecessary terms. (Sniper Unit, Unit, Operatives, Human, etc.)

CONTINUED REVIEW

Alright, I read the backstory, it doesn't seem like you gotten the canon altogether, the Combine didn't come directly after the Black Mesa Incident, there was time involved between it, very likely atleast, and this creature is either a Gargantua (like Star said) or a Hunter that has an exaggerated size-comparison. I liked your storytelling aspects to it, like the introduction, that's a nice addition.

I'll work more on the review later.

Last edited by Sinic on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
    CandleJack
    CandleJack
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by CandleJack Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:15 pm

a solid 9/11
    TooMuchStarbucks
    TooMuchStarbucks

Post by TooMuchStarbucks Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:05 pm

Sinic wrote:
    Zombie wrote:That awkward moment when I'm a male. :megusta:
    Well if you join and the first character you roleplay with is a chick, then that's going to get implemented into people's minds, so you are probably gonna get that a lot.

Especially for Starbucks since he has Amy as her- I mean, his, avatar.

Before I fully review this app, I need to state that two things are REALLY getting on my nerves with this app (don't be afraid, I ain't angry).

1. The lack of bolding and underlines on the titles and questions, making it extremely difficult to read the entire app and also shows that you haven't put over-average effort into this entire document for customization and general digital lustre.

2. Your capitalization on unnecessary terms. (Sniper Unit, Unit, Operatives, Human, etc.)

Anywho about the application. I have to say I like it, but it isn't perfect. There is really only one gripe I have, but it is a big issue.

For one I feel the backstory isn't really... much of a backstory. It's more of a scenario then a brief synopsis on your character. So make it so that we get to know the character, we get to find out more about him through story, and it'll be good. For now it seems just like a fight between a Gargantua (that's what comes to mind), and then your character realizing how perfect he is after the fight

Also why do you need to write out things such as personality if the character will never have one when roleplaying? I would understand this for say Metro Police because at least they are still somewhat human, but for the OTA not really. I think more about intelligent robots when I see them. Someone help me out on this? xP

The roleplay examples were great I felt, and showed that when roleplaying you'll know what to do. Just follow this in game and you're fine ^_^.

Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:12 pm

TooMuchStarbucks wrote:Also why do you need to write out things such as personality if the character will never have one when roleplaying? I would understand this for say Metro Police because at least they are still somewhat human, but for the OTA not really. I think more about intelligent robots when I see them. Someone help me out on this? xP
    Well it's mainly because the backstory shows how good they are at developing a story, which would mean how well they are at roleplaying, maybe not entirely, but this is also supported in by how well I've seen them go in the server.

I don't want bad roleplayers in the Overwatch that have no idea about the codes at all and also start speaking like normal people under their mask, because the Overwatch are like event characters and usually support the roleplay, aren't exactly used to make roleplay for the player's themselves as they roleplay as an OTA.

Also, side note, Starbucks, I honestly typed in "her" by accident, then I left it there and just added -him. c;

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:39 pm