estrik ripley

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no longer rp

+4
CandleJack
TooMuchStarbucks
Misterjohn
Sinic
8 posters

CityRP Canon & System Topic

Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Darnell Jackson

CityRP Canon & System Topic Empty CityRP Canon & System Topic

Post by Sinic Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:08 am

Hey ya'll.

Just letting you all know, that when we get the City 11 server up, we got a few things to work on.

- CWU system
    In this case, I am mainly saying that we need the Civil Worker's Union system up and going, we'll have different civil divisions, like doctoring work, merchant (we'll remove the General Goods thing from Business and just make it a flag for CWU salesmen) and other ICly helpful divisions. I also think that the CWU should have ranks, so there is actually something to work for, for the ranks to work out well though, we need a CEO for the CWU, most likely the ranks will just be like Member, Worker, Employee and Executive (lowest to highest) and it'll just be included in the physical description, we won't do it like how CG does and place it in their names. Also, something that'll catch people's attention is that to make a CA application, you first will need to be an Executive in the Civil Worker's Union, which will be pretty awesome and make people go "Oh gee, I should probably become a CWU if I want to become awesome! ;D".

~ Opportunity Chance: Average
    ~ Division and ranking system. (doctor, merchant, construction.) (Member -> Executive)
    ~ Payment outcomes (merchants, doctors, etc.)
    ~ Interesting roleplay opportunity.
    ~ Access to city administrator applications at high rank, this should get some player's attention.
    ~ Choice of a CWU CEO.

- Loyalist rewarding system
    There's a notable difference between a loyalist and a Civil Worker's Union member, a loyalist is a citizen that helps the CPs and the Union for extra food/water and for some tokens, we can't have everyone thinking that the resistance is awesome just beacuse you get a gun, what about tokens from the Union for your work? We can't have too much given to the loyalists, but we can't have too little, what would a loyalist do exactly? They would spy on the resistance and probably retrieve information, they would also listen to the Combine's every order, in Slidefuse, I was told by the Combine to bring in a man that was a notable unarmed anti-citizen, I actually KNEW the guy they wanted, so I brought him in, and got 500-1000 tokens, which was pretty cool, and provoked me to continue my loyalist "career".

~ Opportunity Chance: Common
    ~ Balanced and satisfying payment rewards.
    ~ Access to interesting roleplay and development.
    ~ Needs to be newbie friendly.
    ~ No such thing as a loyalist armband! This will be proven on their data, that should only be notified through their data-record. People wearing loyalist armbands get resistance members up and out of there in a flash, and it's a stupid idea.

- Resistance notoriety/system
    Now, we can't pull off a CG or TnB and have resistance members running around in the streets, a perfect example of notoriety for the resistance is Slidefuse, when I first joined, it took me about a week to find two refugees, and they kicked us out because they didn't trust us, after I did my loyalist stuff to them and got them in trouble, in about another month, I found the resistance for real, and then I joined them, honestly, the resistance should be hidden, and should be on the move all the time, and shouldn't be accepting every God damn thing that breathes, and even the citizens shouldn't be looking for the resistance 24/7, sure, they find you, but you also gotta find them as well! We also need to make it so the resistance are not a bunch of badasses with guns, weaponry should be rare, the chances of a rebel getting a pistol in the city would be like the chances of a rebel getting a SPAS-12 in the outlands. Also, the resistance shouldn't be a highly organized cult with a leader thinking about gunning down CPs, it should be an idea, and everyone should have a chance to share their authority.

~ Opportunity Chance: Rare
    ~ Resistance hard to find, for both citizens and CPs.
    ~ Resistance not open to recruits, but open to trustworthy ones.
    ~ Contraband items difficult to recieve.
    ~ Required to be a rag-tag survival group with a plan, not an organized spray-n-play cult.
    ~ Try to make sure that the resistance doesn't die in a short span of time, neither have their members certainly live on forever.
    ~ There won't be a pre-decided leader, everything will be planned through IC development by the players.
    ~ One or two people will be chosen for v (light BMD) and/or V (heavy BMD) flags, most likely separate for each.

- Fair MPF system
    This is fairly simple, but also hard to manage at the same time, the main thing that is difficult about this is to not too little CPs, and most importantly, not too many. The simple part to manage is the rankings and divisions, and just the system in general, most people want to be rebels, or CPs, but we need the CWU part much more appealing to people, and the loyalist road easy to access and also entertaining, and also provide a good amount of roleplay. We can't have people asking for promotions over and over, nor can we give promotions to people just because they were affiliated with the MPF for a long period of time, despite they haven't done much for the force. In Nova I gave someone 03 despite they seriously sucked at MPF roleplay (maybe even roleplay in general) but they had MPF for about 2 months, that was a bad mistake, because 04s who were great roleplayers and had extensive knowledge of the MPF are going to be commanded around by this unit that doesn't know half of what they are doing, hell, this 03 was killed a million times because of his horrible decision making skills. Honestly, someone that doesn't know much about the MPF is an IC thing, but if they suck balls at roleplaying and also have no common sense at all, that is something that gets in the way, mainly the "sucking balls at RP" part.

~ Opportunity Chance: Uncommon
    ~ Working divisional/ranking system.
    ~ Choice of leader; Duckhead or me.
    ~ Applications need to be strict, but not too strict.
    ~ Fair and balanced promotions.

- Anti-civil vs. loyal choices (rebel vs. CWU)
    Simple enough, doing anti-civil shit will increase the chances of you getting killed, but also obtaining a gun and getting involved in action roleplay, we gotta make sure that last part isn't included, we need the chances of being PKd increased for resistance members, and we need to make sure the players know this from the start, honestly, I know the feeling of developing a character for a long time and losing him, so I would rather pick my chances with the CWU or loyalist work, where you being PKd is a chance of none, to very little. We need the playerbase to understand that being loyal is actually a good thing at times, sure, resisting gets you into action and such, but I think the action of getting the resistance into detainment or getting them killed is good enough, and provides a bigger and better mix of action and passive RP.

~ Need more citizens/CWU than resistance members.
    ~ High PK chances for resistance characters should lower amount of rebel-wanting players.
    ~ Make CWU/loyalist as interesting as resistance, if possible, more interesting.
    ~ Reduce chances of overpopulation of resistance and/or MPF.

[size=18]Do you have any ideas? Just leave them out here, and we could discuss about it!
    [i]NOTE - This is also a bit unfinished, I wrote this late at night, and I slightly rushed through it, but hopefully you get the idea, and I will be updating it from time to time.

Last edited by Sinic on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:07 pm; edited 8 times in total
    Misterjohn
    Misterjohn

Character Name : Ronaaalllld mcdawnellld

CityRP Canon & System Topic Empty Re: CityRP Canon & System Topic

Post by Misterjohn Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:39 am

Sinic wrote: Ellis's really long ass post about canon and shit

I like this, it was a pleasure to read :megusta: . But for the resistance being hidden and shit, but the resistance should be like how the brotherhood in 1984 is. It's so secret, 90% of it's members don't know eachother's names, And if your caught, there is no rescue. It should run on the concept of "We don't exist. Not to you anyway."
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:44 am

Misterjohn wrote:I like this, it was a pleasure to read :megusta: . But for the resistance being hidden and shit, but the resistance should be like how the brotherhood in 1984 is. It's so secret, 90% of it's members don't know eachother's names, And if your caught, there is no rescue. It should run on the concept of "We don't exist. Not to you anyway."
    Yeah, like, if there was 20 players in the server, the most balanced I would expect is 6-8 CPs, 4-5 rebels, and the rest should be loyalist and CWU, and a few citizens who are still deciding what they be doing.

Last edited by Sinic on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Misterjohn
    Misterjohn

Post by Misterjohn Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:48 am

Sinic wrote:
    Misterjohn wrote:I like this, it was a pleasure to read :megusta: . But for the resistance being hidden and shit, but the resistance should be like how the brotherhood in 1984 is. It's so secret, 90% of it's members don't know eachother's names, And if your caught, there is no rescue. It should run on the concept of "We don't exist. Not to you anyway."
    Yeah, like, if there was 20 players in the server, the most balanced I would expect is 6-8 CPs, 4-5 rebels, and the rest should be loyalist and CWU, and a few citizens who are still deciding what they should still do.

Rebels shouldn't identify eachother. They should be like, strangers with a common goal.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:50 am

Misterjohn wrote:Rebels shouldn't identify eachother. They should be like, strangers with a common goal.
    Sure, but it shouldn't be like that entirely, when they have the time, they would share their names, but they would probably only give out small information about themselves, like a fake name, or a nickname, so they don't share who they are to the people that could possibly turn them into the CPs.
    Misterjohn
    Misterjohn

Post by Misterjohn Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:03 am

Sinic wrote:
    Misterjohn wrote:Rebels shouldn't identify eachother. They should be like, strangers with a common goal.
    Sure, but it shouldn't be like that entirely, when they have the time, they would share their names, but they would probably only give out small information about themselves, like a fake name, or a nickname, so they don't share who they are to the people that could possibly turn them into the CPs.

Hopefully no names in the format "First name "Dumbnickname" Last name" 😢
    TooMuchStarbucks
    TooMuchStarbucks

Post by TooMuchStarbucks Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:32 am

I love the whole thing pretty much. Especially where you get into Metro Police (and you should totally be leader by the way ;3).

If this is executed properly this may help significantly lower the amount of people begging to join CP or Resistance. Look at either of the two TnB roleplay servers for example (Stalker or HL2), and you'll find that most of the population belong to some sort of action oriented faction or group which I find distasteful.

Anywho good work ^_^.
    CandleJack
    CandleJack
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by CandleJack Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:13 pm

TooMuchStarbucks wrote:I love the whole thing pretty much. Especially where you get into Metro Police (and you should totally be leader by the way ;3).

If this is executed properly this may help significantly lower the amount of people begging to join CP or Resistance. Look at either of the two TnB roleplay servers for example (Stalker or HL2), and you'll find that most of the population belong to some sort of action oriented faction or group which I find distasteful.

Anywho good work ^_^.

tnb and dave brown can go die in a fiery train derailment. also, stop being kawaii!!!!!~~~ and using overused emotes.

also, it's a cool concept.
    TooMuchStarbucks
    TooMuchStarbucks

Post by TooMuchStarbucks Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:01 pm

Oh god. The last thing I ever want to be affiliated with is Kawaiiness.....
    CandleJack
    CandleJack
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by CandleJack Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:49 pm

TooMuchStarbucks wrote:Oh god. The last thing I ever want to be affiliated with is Kawaiiness.....

then no more faces, only dreams.
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Character Name : blerygan rynauew

Post by H.Drescher Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:35 pm

CandleJack wrote:
    tnb and dave brown can go die in a fiery train derailment. also, stop being kawaii!!!!!~~~ and using overused emotes.

also, it's a cool concept.

This is the best post you have made today.

Anyhow good read, well wrote out, and it makes me even more excited for the City server, as I have never actual roleplayed as a loyalist before, and this is making me want to be one. Hopefully we have a mix of everything and won't be nova where it was always Metrocops Vs resistance battle as everyone in the server was resistance or metrocop.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:23 pm

Thanks guys, I may update this a bit later, fix some spelling mistakes and what-not, and also add some more important details.

Just, this whole entire topic is mainly explaining that we need the resistance and CP forces not over-populated, and have the citizens an opportunity that doesn't include them desperately searching the slums for resistance members so they can join them.
    xDaStallionx
    xDaStallionx
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Hudson Cortez

Post by xDaStallionx Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:25 pm

I have plenty ideas for the Resistance and CWU systems.

Resistance

For the Resistance, in movement wise, it would be small camps, cardboard matresses and rotting crates with few supplies filled inside.
    One or two people would be hiding outside the doors, watching for people, MPF, and so forth. Conditions would be really terrible, it wouldn't be in a cozy apartment
    down in the residential district. Their best chances for survival would be in hiding. When they find someone, it would be watching people's actions.
    sort of like being a stalker, looking for people that the resistance finds an intrest in, watching what they do, and then whoever is in the small group get together to decide if the person is safe enough to bring into the group. Like MisterJohn said, if a resistance member gets caught by the MPF, there will be no attempts to rescue the member, no matter how important that person may be. It could have been their only trader. It could have been your close friend. It doesn't matter.

CWU

For the CWU instead of "04 03 02 01" It could be like Recruit, Worker, Employee, Executive, then there would be your CEO. The Executive would be in charge of orgainizing certain divisions. There can be more than one, it would be like the DvL of the CWU. The Employee would be the people that would do the basic work, doctoring, mechant, so forth. Worker would be the same as well, but with less access to certain goods. The reason for this is so the UU can be sure that the Worker can be trusted with merchandise that can be harmful to anyone, and to root out any rebels sneaking into the CWU for supplies. The Recruit would be a person that just started in the CWU, and will have to choose the division he wants to join. Once chosen, the recruit will be trained by a Employee, if he/she has the time, to learn the ropes in the divison. Once completed, the Recruit would go on to be a Worker.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:29 pm

xDaStallionx wrote:CWU

For the CWU instead of "04 03 02 01" It could be like Recruit, Worker, Employee, Executive, then there would be your CEO.
    My only problem with that is the name "Recruit", we need another name, the CWU aren't military people, they shouldn't be called "recruits". I do like your idea much more than 04-01 though, an example would be "Merchant Employee Armband" in someone's physical description, or "Executive Doctor Armband". Just we need a different name to replace the word recruit, because that's a term for military and police force, etc.

I'll add these to the topic, but it's just the recruit name that bothers me, maybe make it "Member" instead of "Recruit", because they are a member of the Civil Worker's Union, but they aren't exactly a worker or an employee, so I'll change it to that!

Update - I edited some stuff and added your ideas, I also stated that we need a CWU CEO chosen, and that the resistance leadership will be determined all by IC development, and that one or two people will have BMD flags. If one person, that person will have both v and V (light and heavy BMD), if we are choosing two people, one person will have v and the other will have V.
    xDaStallionx
    xDaStallionx
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Hudson Cortez

Post by xDaStallionx Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:13 pm

I really didn't like the 'Recruit' name as well, I couldn't think of a better name besides that. Member sounds much more better.
    John Jordan
    John Jordan

Character Name : Allan Williams

Post by John Jordan Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:26 pm

Interns man
    duckhead666
    duckhead666
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : imafaggot

Post by duckhead666 Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:12 pm

John Jordan wrote:Interns man

Holy shit that's what I was thinking.

---

Obviously the most important thing to discuss here is the resistance/loyalist/citizen ratio. Obviously, forcing people to comply to a quota for each will suck the life right out of the roleplay, and that's dumb. Instead, how about we make the MPF actually function as a means for rooting them out, and have an actual, successful raid once they get too big? Sure, it will piss people off, but if an off-duty MPF unit can find out where they are just by looking around the slums for a few moments, then why not actually act on that information like an actual police force would?

Just a thought.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:10 pm

But Duck, we can get loyalists to do that though, it creates a great job for new players so they don't go searching for resistance, we need to think of ideas that aren't faction related as well.

Also, Intern will replace Member?
    TooMuchStarbucks
    TooMuchStarbucks

Post by TooMuchStarbucks Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:38 pm

/thread
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Character Name : blerygan rynauew

Post by H.Drescher Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:20 am

We need to update thread name to City 23 Canon & Topic System.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content