estrik ripley

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no longer rp

5 posters

We Need Donations, What Do You Think Is A Fair Reward?

Lone
    Lone
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Alan White

We Need Donations, What Do You Think Is A Fair Reward? Empty We Need Donations, What Do You Think Is A Fair Reward?

Post by Lone Tue May 29, 2012 8:08 pm

As you may or may not know, we need donations. I've been putting off asking lately, because I really don't like to. As summer looms closer, it's becoming more and more apparent that we're going to be left high and dry unless we can get some decent funding. I'm not too sure as to which players in specific want to, or will donate, or what players even want as a reward for donations. I'd like to hear from the community as to what you guys want. I'll be asking quite a bit more as to what you guys want on the servers, or even what servers you want. As always, we still have our refund police when it comes to donations.

i hope you're happy, sinic >:c
    TooMuchStarbucks
    TooMuchStarbucks

We Need Donations, What Do You Think Is A Fair Reward? Empty Re: We Need Donations, What Do You Think Is A Fair Reward?

Post by TooMuchStarbucks Tue May 29, 2012 10:00 pm

I've never been a fan of "rewards" for servers. I feel that if your server is good enough, and you Properly relay to your community how important it is for them to donate in order to keep the server running, they'll do so. However rewards are known to greatly increase the amount of revenue so....

And these are for the Outlands Server mind you. Don't really know Minecraft rewards.

1) A new character model. Person gets to choose a character model/player model from a large variety offered by Esoteric. These would need to be RP friendly of course, with only some looking remotely bad ass (/me is looking at you TNB).

2) This works surprisingly well for Lifepunch servers, but a certain level of donators are given VERY light moderation powers. They can start vote kicks, vote mutes/gags, vote bans, I think make announcements, and some other minor additions. They also of course got a rank to make them stand out.

I'll update this I suppose when I get more ideas.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Darnell Jackson

We Need Donations, What Do You Think Is A Fair Reward? Empty Re: We Need Donations, What Do You Think Is A Fair Reward?

Post by Sinic Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:54 am

TooMuchStarbucks wrote:
    1) A new character model. Person gets to choose a character model/player model from a large variety offered by Esoteric. These would need to be RP friendly of course, with only some looking remotely bad ass (/me is looking at you TNB).

Ew custom models fuck no.
    CandleJack
    CandleJack
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by CandleJack Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:06 pm

abababab
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:41 pm

CandleJack wrote:abababab
    You tell them CJ, release your anger.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:57 am

Here's something we could do, I just edited it a bit. (I just edited it again with stuff related to ZS.)

$20 a month is required for us to keep up one 20-slot server. Donating will keep the server alive, and will also provide you with these rewards below. Your donations can also stack. (Donate 10, recieve pet Flags + Donator rank, donate another 5 two months later, receive c Flags + exclusive accessory item)

[Donation Rewards]

$5+ | I'll tell you that I love you, your name being forever inscribed on the donator list, Donator rank, access to the Donator Forum.

$10+ | ^ + pet (physics gun, prop spawning, tool gun) Flags, access to hats in ZS server (when added).

$15+ | ^ + A donator-exclusive accessory item, c (chair) Flags.

$25+ | ^ + A hand drawn MS Paint picture of your choice by yours truly, Infected (Outbreak) OR Headcrab (HL2RP) faction whitelist, non-armoured exclusive donator-exclusive clothing item

$50+ | ^ + An armored donator-exclusive clothing item, import of a personal item. (talk with me first)

$100+ | ^ + I will mail you a box of cookies. (ask me if you want something special)

NOTE - Donations can also be done for special requests that have nothing to do with the server at all. (i.e. Fork donating 50 dollars and recieving a personal 15 player-slot server for a limited amount of time)

Last edited by Sinic on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
    kamikazefork
    kamikazefork
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Alex Henrey

Post by kamikazefork Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:40 pm

Maybe I am, maybe I aint, all I know is Brink
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:41 pm

kamikazefork wrote:Maybe I am, maybe I aint, all I know is Brink

wat
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:29 pm

We could probably add in donation rewards that are shared for Zombie Survival, like 10 dollars also gives you a hat on ZS or something, just as a little extra.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:17 pm

Okay, triple posting, idgaf, but here's something that we could do.

- Scanner whitelist for anyone that has an MPF whitelist already (maybe like $20 donation) who would go through a bit of teaching on how to act like one, and if they fail terribly at being a scanner, then they will probably get blacklisted temporarily/permanently.
    - c flags for $15 donation (who cares if c flags are "useless", some people actually donate for them in some cases)
    - Few tokens, like maximum 1000, just as a little addition.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content