estrik ripley

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no longer rp

+2
xDaStallionx
Sinic
6 posters

Whar ees Lone/Mitch durr + server box problems? + free Clockwork

Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Darnell Jackson

Whar ees Lone/Mitch durr + server box problems? + free Clockwork Empty Whar ees Lone/Mitch durr + server box problems? + free Clockwork

Post by Sinic Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:20 pm

Yeah, where are these guys.

Lone UTL, BOTL: Like the day we get 16 players with 14 characters online at once, Lone is not online, and hasn't been for like four days.
    Lone, you gotta stop going AWOL on us bro, atleast let us know what's going on on the forums.
    You need me.

EDIT - Lone just responded to a useless thread. Whar are yu Loneee.

Mitch UTL, BOTL: As well, everyone is wondering where Mitch has gone, he is apparently grounded, but all he has been playing is CS:S, M'33, AoC and GMod, but he hasn't joined the server once since we were in the outercanals, or the innercanals, he has been invited to Skype chat as well, and hasn't responded. If you were grounded, then why would you be playing every single game on Steam? :P

EDIT - Mitch finally made a forum post, yeeeeeeeey.

Server Box Being Dumbass, 11-99: Now, the server box, for the past two or three days, everytime there is multiple players in the server, it starts to lag terribly, the server disappears from the server list for some people and starts to disconnect people, the lag doesn't happen all at the same time, it happens first to a few people, then second to the others, so it has something to do with both the server box and the player's computer strength. Very likely not a DDoS, because who the living fuck would DDoS a server everytime they achieve 2-4 players?

EDIT - Just today, me, Stallion and MisterJohn played for about an hour, then it just started to lose connection, not even with any lag, just straight on the little box at the top-right saying that connection is being lost.

Free Leaked Clockwork 1.0 Bravo sent me this link.http://mfwhen.com/ it has the free Clockwork leak, this isn't the only leak I think, because Jordan's friend Seb got it as well from a different source, but Bravo said that Spencer is updating Clockwork as well and it is shown in the comments of the mfwhen website that he is fixing problems, I am a bit confused on what he meant, is Spencer legally updating it so it ISN'T leaked, or is he illegally updating it while it's leaked so it can surpass 1.0?
    I thought Spencer worked for C16. But just wondering, should we get this? It may attract more players, but it will create some obvious attention to Kuro seeing us using it, but to be honest, the supplier will get in much more trouble.
    EDIT - Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this NOT a leak, and is it the long awaited "skeleton" framework?
    EDIT #2 - Alright, I talked to Spencer, he said it is legal, and I found out it is the full Clockwork. Either way, a city server was up for only two days, they got Clockwork, their second day they got 16-18 players, hmpf, see, shit happens when Lone is away, we could of had those players in a second, since they seem to love the "CW" abbreviation tag related to the "OA" one.

Alright, well the free Clockwork was taken down, it's really stupid actually, Portal and I both agreed it's obviously illegal, and we wonder why Spencer, a helper at Cloud Sixteen, is distributing free copies of Clockwork (which is supposed to be sold for a price) and stating that it is perfectly legal, I asked him a question on his blog, and he said "Oh yeah, it is perfectly legal actually, you wont get into any trouble.", it didn't sound like sarcasm, but I still didn't understand it at all.

Last edited by Sinic on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
    xDaStallionx
    xDaStallionx
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Hudson Cortez

Whar ees Lone/Mitch durr + server box problems? + free Clockwork Empty Re: Whar ees Lone/Mitch durr + server box problems? + free Clockwork

Post by xDaStallionx Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:48 pm

:foreveralone:

The server has been down ever since the instant crash. Lone is almost always idle or offline and I havn't seen Mitch in so long I almost forgot about him.

I feel like this community is going to die from all this 'un-productive-ness'. Not only that but last time I heard from Lone about the server is that no one is donating. That's only one way
    the community to going to die. Another is that no one joins. When Lone was gone a long time there was 14-16 people playing on the server. Then the crashes kept happening and people stopped joining. The crashes started getting more common then it just went down without any warning. At first I thought it was Lone shutting the box off but it's been over a day or so and it's not up yet. The last reason why I think we're going to die is what I just said, Lone being idle/offline almost all the time, 24/7.

Seriously, were in the dark here and no one that can help is helping.
    CandleJack
    CandleJack
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Whar ees Lone/Mitch durr + server box problems? + free Clockwork Empty Re: Whar ees Lone/Mitch durr + server box problems? + free Clockwork

Post by CandleJack Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:00 pm

lone got caught for smoking weed or some gay shit like that.
    xDaStallionx
    xDaStallionx
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Hudson Cortez

Post by xDaStallionx Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:13 pm

That makes a lot of sense actually.
    CandleJack
    CandleJack
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by CandleJack Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:42 pm

appearntly he thought lighting one up while on a skype call was the best time to do it.
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Character Name : blerygan rynauew

Post by H.Drescher Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:10 pm

Yea, that makes waaaaaaaaaaaay more sence now. It also explains Mitch's absence too and various other things... Unfortunately.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:11 pm

xDaStallionx wrote: :foreveralone:

The server has been down ever since the instant crash. Lone is almost always idle or offline and I havn't seen Mitch in so long I almost forgot about him.

I feel like this community is going to die from all this 'un-productive-ness'. Not only that but last time I heard from Lone about the server is that no one is donating. That's only one way
    the community to going to die. Another is that no one joins. When Lone was gone a long time there was 14-16 people playing on the server. Then the crashes kept happening and people stopped joining. The crashes started getting more common then it just went down without any warning. At first I thought it was Lone shutting the box off but it's been over a day or so and it's not up yet. The last reason why I think we're going to die is what I just said, Lone being idle/offline almost all the time, 24/7.

Seriously, were in the dark here and no one that can help is helping.
    Like you said, Lone says that nobody is donating, I am hell not gonna donate to a community where the owner and the co-owner both get themselves into trouble weekly/monthly and they become unproductive. Sure, I'll get myself involve, but I am not going to donate money if it is just going to go to waste from their anti-ambitious thoughts and the lack of involvement.
    I asked Lone to code in two things, he then rambled onto me about that he should take a certain type of drug to smooth his life out.
    Also the fact that if the two owners apparently get themselves into life like that, then it is proven, the community wont have an easy life either, if the lower members and the admins have to do the work when they are gone, it's hard.

Lone has went offline for a period of time without saying what happened about three times now in two months, and it has gotten us into bad experience, and Mitch has been gone for literally two months, despite he is playing other games.

It makes us think if they two even care about the roleplay anymore, and more about a Minecraft server.
    Sure, I like Minecraft, fine, but I think this whole community has made and worked for on HL2RP, like, honestly, I told a bunch of people that we would have City 11 up last weekend, but obviously, Lone is gone. Sure, you can control your own deadlines and such, but out of your days and weeks of being gone, you can atleast make a topic on the forum saying what happened, hell, I think you should make a whole thread-journal on when you are "signing out" for a bit.
    I also told a bunch of people we would have a City 11 server like, a week and a half ago, but then Lone changed the date to the weekend, then on that weekend, we get 14-16 players, and Lone ditches, and is never heard from again, the two-three guys were very excited for our cityRP actually.

And who the hell smokes weed in their house? I know that has happened before, but it was in a garage, when the parents are gone.

Like, Lone, if you're reading this, no harm done hopefully, but you gotta get this under control soon.
    LoneDaBoss
    LoneDaBoss

Post by LoneDaBoss Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:54 am

You boys are correct, Lone was doing (and not doing) many things. As such he is focusing on getting everything together for now.

The actual server hardware is, and will remain, up and running. One of you helper bees needs to write a batch file that fires up SRCDS and whatever else should be running in case the box boots. Do any of you have remote access?

As for the hardware it's way beyond anything you need to run this game. If there are tricks to setting up the game to handle its load better lets hear them. But you have a i3-2100 processor, 4Gb ram, SSD hard drive and a Fios internet connection. What more do you want?
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:36 pm

The source engine isn't very demanding at all, those specs should run almost every source game perfectly normal, unless the cinematic mod. It can't be that hard to run a BSP based game from 2004 with those specs.

I don't know anything about running servers nor coding, but in this case Google is your best friend. Google has always been my best friend.

:foreveralone:

Last edited by H.Drescher on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
    CandleJack
    CandleJack
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by CandleJack Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:37 pm

can you hear me, major tom?
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:38 pm

LoneDaBoss wrote:You boys are correct, Lone was doing (and not doing) many things. As such he is focusing on getting everything together for now.

The actual server hardware is, and will remain, up and running. One of you helper bees needs to write a batch file that fires up SRCDS and whatever else should be running in case the box boots. Do any of you have remote access?

As for the hardware it's way beyond anything you need to run this game. If there are tricks to setting up the game to handle its load better lets hear them. But you have a i3-2100 processor, 4Gb ram, SSD hard drive and a Fios internet connection. What more do you want?
    My old shit computer from when I was a child could run GMod and TF2, just TF2 crashed occasionally, but it was so shit, when a player explodes in TF2, only two gibs render and there was no facial emotions on any of the characters.
    Now this server, before the processor and RAM upgrades, can run the server fine atleast if you had under 10 players in the server, the new hardware can now run 14-16 players, if it crashes just from 2 players, that isn't because the hardware is bad, it's because something is giving out. Also, we are not sure if 14-16 players is the maximum it can hold, most likely it could of took more.

Also, another question, are you saying he right now is trying to sort out his life? Because that's great if he is doing that, but I really hope that it turns out well that he can stop this type of conflicting behaviour.

And no, none of us had access, and I never had access to any server box before.

And who are you exactly?

H.Drescher wrote:EDIT: I cahnged is to Isn't because I'm a derp.

You really did not need to point that out.
    Mitch
    Mitch

Character Name : Jesse Szymanski

Post by Mitch Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:19 pm

LoneDaBoss wrote:You boys are correct, Lone was doing (and not doing) many things. As such he is focusing on getting everything together for now.

I am Blake's second hand man of this operation. I also currently do not have RDC access as it will no longer let me connect.

If you could message me the computer name, Username, and password that would be great, Thanks.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:02 pm

Mitch wrote:I am Blake's second hand man of this operation. I also currently do not have RDC access as it will no longer let me connect.

If you could message me the computer name, Username, and password that would be great, Thanks.
    Good to know you're still alive.
    Mitch
    Mitch

Post by Mitch Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:36 pm

Sorry, I have not been around I have been grounded also I'm not ungrounded but I can be a little sneaker.

Lones father sent me the RDC access and also that Lone doesn't want me to have it for some reason... I want to help get this thing back
    on its feet and get it at least up. With the time I have to get on. I was also starting to give up on this community, but I think I can get it going again.
    I seem to be having trouble getting the server up. I will have it up by the end of this weekend hopefully.

"until Lone returns."
    Last three words of his fathers message
    There is still hope for him
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Help me Lonebewonkonobi, you're my only hope.
    -Some idiot.

Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:12 pm

H.Drescher wrote:Help me Lonebewonkonobi, you're my only hope.
    -Some idiot.

[some huge image]
    Why do you always have HUGE images posted? I am just gonna take it out, tbh.

Mitch wrote:
    Sorry, I have not been around I have been grounded also I'm not ungrounded but I can be a little sneaker.

Lones father sent me the RDC access and also that Lone doesn't want me to have it for some reason... I want to help get this thing back
    on its feet and get it at least up. With the time I have to get on. I was also starting to give up on this community, but I think I can get it going again.
    I seem to be having trouble getting the server up. I will have it up by the end of this weekend hopefully.

"until Lone returns."
    Last three words of his fathers message
    There is still hope for him
    Why would he not want you to access it? Like, honestly, you are the co-owner, he gets in trouble almost 24/7, he is just gonna get the server screwed over unless we get some backup (you).

It's great that you are actually getting your ass involved in this, and hopefully you get the server up this weekend, but everyone's been waiting for City 11 for like, fucking forever, so unless Lone didn't get that fixed up, we need to use Outlands still.

Just a question actually, I hope you don't mind me asking Mitch, but you know the loading screen "The Outlands"? Can you make a version of it like saying "City 11" instead using the "ENFORCE" font from the CP banner on the top left of the website. Same for the UI screen (The Outlands, a roleplaying gamemode based off of refugees surviving.) <--- that, but with the City 11 custom image at the top, just so Lone has something to add in when he gets back.
    CandleJack
    CandleJack
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by CandleJack Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:31 pm

well, obviously lone doesn't want to give it to him because he's XxTr!p1E X R@TeDxX and likes to XxSm0KexXxCr0N!cxXF0RXxL!FexX
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:27 pm

I like my huge rape face images though...

Oh well, at least soon we get a city RP server up so we can get more variety.
    Mitch
    Mitch

Post by Mitch Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:46 pm

Server is up

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:04 pm