estrik ripley

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no longer rp

+3
Sinic
TooMuchStarbucks
Lone
7 posters

Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You!

Lone
    Lone
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Alan White

Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! Empty Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You!

Post by Lone Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:55 pm

We don't really have much power behind our development on the server, and could do a lot better with some extra help.
    We're currently looking for people that are useful in the following categories:

-Sounds
    -Mapping
    -Materials
    -Models
    -Artwork

Good at any of the above? Cool beans, leave a reply.
    Got a talent not on the list that you feel is useful? Cool possible beans, leave a reply.
    You'll receive a few perks and such for being a developer, such as this /sexy/ forum title. (See image below)

Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! Untitled01

awww yeah, look at that sexy forum rank
    TooMuchStarbucks
    TooMuchStarbucks

Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! Empty Re: Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You!

Post by TooMuchStarbucks Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:20 pm

I'm a 3DSMax modeler, and can I guess somewhat help with getting textures since I have a random DSLR lying around. No way do I texture things though x3.
    Lone
    Lone
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Alan White

Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! Empty Re: Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You!

Post by Lone Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:23 pm

Cool beans bro, show me an example of your work.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Darnell Jackson

Post by Sinic Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:50 pm

Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! 1239788892_jizz-in-my-pants

Get Interstate to texture for our server.
    TooMuchStarbucks
    TooMuchStarbucks

Post by TooMuchStarbucks Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:21 pm

I'll surely ask him, but he isn't into Serious RP that much. He also isn't... the best. He likes to do shit on his own time (which is weeks after he's assigned something), and isn't that responsible as a team asset.
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Character Name : blerygan rynauew

Post by H.Drescher Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:58 pm

Well, I worked a decent two hours on this, and it turned out fairly well as I've been experimenting with outdoor environments in source. I am sorry for the inside of the house being bland but who gives two fucks as if you use it as an RP map people like to add their own props to them.

Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! Esoteric_map_application0000

Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! Esoteric_map_application0002

Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! Esoteric_map_application0009

I could do better, but this is just an example of what I could make of a potential forest map out of for outlands or City roleplay. Although an urban environment would take me longer though.
    John Jordan
    John Jordan

Character Name : Allan Williams

Post by John Jordan Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:09 am

Good... Good... It needs to be bigger, and beachier.
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:09 am

Fuck your beaches.
    TooMuchStarbucks
    TooMuchStarbucks

Post by TooMuchStarbucks Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:45 am

Liking it so far. Can you do something like a city as well? Or are you more environmental in your level design x3.
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Hmm alright, I'll go for a city, although this will probably take me all day as I usually have far more experience in envirorments, but I think it will be fun making the roads and such.
    Misterjohn
    Misterjohn

Character Name : Ronaaalllld mcdawnellld

Post by Misterjohn Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:55 pm

I can do some map editing for city eleven. Me and drescher could work together, perhaps.
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:50 pm

Yea, both of us have our strengths and weaknesses, and from what I've seen meesterjawn is good in urban envirorments, I'm making a little small street with some buildings and such in L4D. L4D has some really, really nice textures.
    TooMuchStarbucks
    TooMuchStarbucks

Post by TooMuchStarbucks Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:01 pm

I could make up some new props if need be for you guyz to use.

Edit: Fuck unless we have someone to texture this shit then modeling it useless x3.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:36 pm

Meanwhile me: I can only work on campaign-like maps. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    TooMuchStarbucks
    TooMuchStarbucks

Post by TooMuchStarbucks Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:39 pm

That would work fine really, since these are HL2 RP servers....
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:59 pm

I'll make a video of the urban enviroment, I don't think it will be done today as it's rather large for an example.
    Mitch
    Mitch

Character Name : Jesse Szymanski

Post by Mitch Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Those models in 3ds max are default models and I'm pretty sure you didn't model the unreal development kit models.
    TooMuchStarbucks
    TooMuchStarbucks

Post by TooMuchStarbucks Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:16 pm

Mitch wrote:Those models in 3ds max are default models and I'm pretty sure you didn't model the unreal development kit models.

Of course the 3DSMax ones are default, there was intended sarcasm xP. As for the UDK ones, I did make them O_O.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:54 pm

Mitch likes to just find the flaws or lies in everything, I even saw that from Zombie's OTA app. :P

And not sure why he is thinking those aren't yours, like, those look fairly legit, and at least you didn't post models that are extremely complicated and stated you made them.
    Misterjohn
    Misterjohn

Post by Misterjohn Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:58 pm

Work in progress. :foreveralone:

Overview of the street, custom texture of a russian cellphone ad. :megusta:

Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! 35arins

View of the alley, from the street.

Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! 33yp7rp

Side view, the alley. Notice custom textures :fuckyeah:

Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! 34fmo3s

Say what you want, I know this shit is bad, but as clearly stated, it's a work in progress, and I'm usng a laptop that crashes whenever I insert a model to hammer.
    John Jordan
    John Jordan

Character Name : Allan Williams

Post by John Jordan Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:04 pm

Good... GOOD... FUCKING GOOD. GOD DAMMIT IT'S SO FUCKING GOOD.
    Misterjohn
    Misterjohn

Post by Misterjohn Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:06 pm

John Jordan wrote:Good... GOOD... FUCKING GOOD. GOD DAMMIT IT'S SO FUCKING GOOD.

How about uhh.. Pointing out what's good, and what needs improvement?
    Mitch
    Mitch

Character Name : Jesse Szymanski

Post by Mitch Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:08 pm

I like the custom decals I just recently learned how to add those into hammer. The fence in the last pic looks a little weird you should push it back to the end of the walls.
    Misterjohn
    Misterjohn

Post by Misterjohn Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:13 pm

Mitch wrote:I like the custom decals I just recently learned how to add those into hammer. The fence in the last pic looks a little weird you should push it back to the end of the walls.

I tried moving the fence back, but when I did that and for some reason it made the dome part of the second building became invisible, so I had to place the fence in two other brushes. I was like "Fuck this, I'm going to rush it."

If you had the bsp, you'd shit yourself over how AWFULit is.
    Misterjohn
    Misterjohn

Post by Misterjohn Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:14 pm

What's even more fucking hillarious, is this is my first actual map that I didn't scrap after getting bored of it. :fffuuuuu:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:00 pm