estrik ripley

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no longer rp

+3
Sinic
TooMuchStarbucks
Lone
7 posters

Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You!

TooMuchStarbucks
    TooMuchStarbucks

Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! - Page 2 Empty Re: Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You!

Post by TooMuchStarbucks Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:26 pm

Loving the level so far. Personally I don't know shit about Hammer, but is most of the level made up of BSP, or actual models?
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Character Name : blerygan rynauew

Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! - Page 2 Empty Re: Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You!

Post by H.Drescher Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:00 am

All levels in source are made from BSP based brushes, sure you can use models, but creating a house model in source has problems due to lighting, shadows, ETC. It's also not as flexible.

Also, I'm gonna post a WIP of the map in l4d.
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:57 am

Okay then here is the video, May I remind Mitch that this is a WIP and I am fully aware of some of the textures not being sized properly or any brushes that are not proper with terrain. I'm also testing around with the lighting as well, done in left 4 dead because it has more textures, and it's generally easier to work with.

Lone
    Lone
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Alan White

Post by Lone Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:07 pm

I'm pretty happy to see a lot of this, and now have a job for two of you. MISTERJAWHN. You have been chosen to fix the view distance on rp_city11_night_v1b. Good luck, and Godspeed.

And-STARBUX, I want you to make a bandage roll model, similar to the one in Nightmare House 2. Or, if you could port it over to Gmod, that would be cool too.

luck and jesus and all of that whatever just do it.
    TooMuchStarbucks
    TooMuchStarbucks

Post by TooMuchStarbucks Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:20 pm

Dammet lemme quickly install NH2. Or if you could get a picture of it (Can't find on on images), that'd be super neato.

Edit: Yus gemme a fucking picture Imma to lazy.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Darnell Jackson

Post by Sinic Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:35 pm

It's already ported to GMod, I got it from Chancer's Nightmare server. But didn't you deny MisterJohn suggesting the NH2 bandage?

Misterjohn wrote:How about uhh.. Pointing out what's good, and what needs improvement?

The windows on the wall are derpy and lazily made, like, there is literally a window going around the corner.

Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! - Page 2 1iblm0

Last edited by Sinic on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TooMuchStarbucks
    TooMuchStarbucks

Post by TooMuchStarbucks Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:40 pm

SHH, LEMME MAKE IT D:.
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:02 pm

Sinic wrote:It's already ported to GMod, I got it from Chancer's Nightmare server. But didn't you deny MisterJohn suggesting the NH2 bandage?

Misterjohn wrote:How about uhh.. Pointing out what's good, and what needs improvement?

The windows on the wall are derpy and lazily made, like, there is literally a window going around the corner.

These textures are the most annoying and tedious to fix, yet it's so damn easy.
    Misterjohn
    Misterjohn

Character Name : Ronaaalllld mcdawnellld

Post by Misterjohn Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:44 pm

Sinic wrote:It's already ported to GMod, I got it from Chancer's Nightmare server. But didn't you deny MisterJohn suggesting the NH2 bandage?

Good critism bro <3
    Misterjohn
    Misterjohn

Post by Misterjohn Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:46 pm

H.Drescher wrote:

These textures are the most annoying and tedious to fix, yet it's so damn easy.

Gimme credit drescher, for my first map textured with other than dev textures, it's decent.
    Misterjohn
    Misterjohn

Post by Misterjohn Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:54 pm

Lone wrote:I'm pretty happy to see a lot of this, and now have a job for two of you. MISTERJAWHN. You have been chosen to fix the view distance on rp_city11_night_v1b. Good luck, and Godspeed.

And-STARBUX, I want you to make a bandage roll model, similar to the one in Nightmare House 2. Or, if you could port it over to Gmod, that would be cool too.

luck and jesus and all of that whatever just do it.

thanks. i'm going to be working on it while im out of town on a laptop. GOD HELP ME
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:59 pm

Why couldn't you just fit that ALL into one post instead of three?
    Lone
    Lone
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Alan White

Post by Lone Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:10 pm

^^^

But anyway, looks good for your first map, keep on it! :D
    TooMuchStarbucks
    TooMuchStarbucks

Post by TooMuchStarbucks Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:29 pm

Gee this was hard with such a low poly budget. But well, here's the WIP.

Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! - Page 2 69426136

Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! - Page 2 54749539

There are a lot of things to laugh at, but that's mostly cause I'm working with a low poly object. This is going to be at max like 4 inches (How many source SDK units that may be), and so I didn't want to produce an object with like a 1000 poly count....

Also this just came from what I thought a bandage role looked like + images on Google Images, since I don't have NH2 installed anymore. Tell me what you guys think!
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:32 pm

It looks like Toilet Paper. It needs, TEXTURES.
    TooMuchStarbucks
    TooMuchStarbucks

Post by TooMuchStarbucks Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:43 pm

Well durr, but it ain't getting any as of now. Unless someone can texture it x3.

I'll UVW Unwrap it though if anyone is interested...
    TooMuchStarbucks
    TooMuchStarbucks

Post by TooMuchStarbucks Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:11 pm

Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! - Page 2 79551740

Well here it is unwraped. I think it's alright, but I had some trouble with it (specially in the middle area).

More I look at this, the more I realize it's an evil monster.
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:01 pm

Progress, I love it.Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! - Page 2 Esoteric_map_city_showcase0000
    TooMuchStarbucks
    TooMuchStarbucks

Post by TooMuchStarbucks Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:01 pm

It looks great, but the lighting is off for the spotlights (they aren't directly under the streetlight mesh).

Other then that great.

Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! - Page 2 380631_10151452883355092_438375240091_23555046_1076640843_n
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:09 pm

I'm messing around with the street lights right now, and a day time instead of night, I'm not too sure as I think night time fits the mood, This map will NEVER be finished, as it's just an example of my skills, but it's fun to play with though.
    TooMuchStarbucks
    TooMuchStarbucks

Post by TooMuchStarbucks Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Ahh well still, looks good <3.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Darnell Jackson

Post by Sinic Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:49 pm

Urban Escape

Here are screenshots of my first ever map, nicknamed "Urban Escape", I didn't use dev textures so I kinda bullshitted my way around it. It was just a very small map with nodes and triggers, I don't have the .bsp or .vmf anymore because it was wiped away from my laptop, but I got some screenshots, the entire map was just a whole test of different brushes, triggers and NPCs, generally no eye candy at all, as the map was complete shit and unfinished.

Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! - Page 2 420_sc16Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! - Page 2 420_sc17Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! - Page 2 420_sc18

After my laptop's harddrive was wiped out, I obviously couldn't continue and upgrade Urban Escape, so I looked up some tutorials and started a new map with a different subject.

Mystery

Like I said before, I haven't really tried out a map that involves mainly a freeroam environment (like rp maps), but more of a linear campaign experience with triggers and scripts, but here are screenshots of what I started of a map called "Mystery", and just to let you know, this wasn't from the mystery v1 .bsp that is shown below, these are just screenshots I took about an hour or two in of making the map.

Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! - Page 2 420_sc19Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! - Page 2 420_sc20

Not really good looking, I suppose. Only thing that got my attention was the light from the car going through the window.

I then progressed and uploaded three versions of the map, all of them in order of oldest to newest.

How do you install them and play? Drag to /maps/ folder in either Episode 2 (recommended) or Garry's Mod, afterwards, you type "map mystery", map mystery2" or map mystery 3" in the console.

mystery v1 (.bsp)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?40nuv5eqvj5flm9

mystery v2 (.bsp)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?13ya2hxaf8yea33

EDIT: I got the third version finished, was a large upgrade, while v2 was 85kb, v3 is 2mb, so enjoy! Here's some pics as well.
    What I added:
    (+1.2 mb of memory used from upgrades.) [821kb -> 2mb]
    - Better skybox.
    - Added a new building (also made map larger).
    - Sexier background displacements.
    - Sexier lighting.
    - More sexy triggers.
    - Added in scripted sequences (moves NPCs around and tells them to play animations).
    - Actually kinda creepy. Got some good reactions from a few. Except from Drescher, who was complaining that the map was "unoptimized", lmao.

I suggest you try it, more than half of the experience is from the gameplay.

mystery v3 (.bsp)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?syvqkwyn4uhsw0h

Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! - Page 2 420_sc13Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! - Page 2 420_sc14
    Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! - Page 2 Downlo10Can You Actually Do Stuff? If So, We Can Probably Use You! - Page 2 420_sc15

I'm currently working on v4, btw.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:00 am