estrik ripley

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no longer rp

4 posters

Duckhead's theme song, also an IC suggestion for the resistance.

H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Character Name : blerygan rynauew

Duckhead's theme song, also an IC suggestion for the resistance. Empty Duckhead's theme song, also an IC suggestion for the resistance.

Post by H.Drescher Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:09 am

Duckhead, I have been typing this into the chat for the past several days. I'm sure nobody gives two fucks about it, but I'm posting the origin of this song. Replace the words Bigfoot with Duckhead by the way. Perhaps when you see this typed into chat you will then think about the video you saw. Everyone else will be like, "What the fuck is this".

Also on an unrelated note

:cereal: :seriously:

Now for the suggestion. I have been reading stallions thread about the resistance being totally untrained buttfucks with they're weapons. This may be true, however I always see during a fire fight that everyone suddenly becomes pro with a firearm, (except for the MPF), I found this fact rather interesting as none of them have had weapons training at all. Except for Lone and Mitch's characters. This leads me to the point that ICly that the majority of the resistance members need to be trained with firearms, physical training, and also mental training. However ICly this would require many months of training. However Germany pumped out conscripts at the end of WWII who fired panzerfaust, and were barely trained at all. However due to the resistance now having access to the base Foxtrot,( or whatever its called). In point, lone should stop handing random people weapons if he gives them, and first he needs to basically teach them out to use it before. Most of the characters were probably children when the combine invaded so most of them have probably never even fired a weapon. To sum it up, Lone and Mitch, train the lolwebuls. This way they have a standing chance before we or they get shot in the face.
    Xeanos
    Xeanos

Duckhead's theme song, also an IC suggestion for the resistance. Empty Re: Duckhead's theme song, also an IC suggestion for the resistance.

Post by Xeanos Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:23 pm

Its not difficult to teach someone how to load a gun, point a gun and then shoot a gun.
    Mitch
    Mitch

Character Name : Jesse Szymanski

Duckhead's theme song, also an IC suggestion for the resistance. Empty Re: Duckhead's theme song, also an IC suggestion for the resistance.

Post by Mitch Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:27 pm

First time I shot off an sks rifle, First time firing a weapon. I shot a gallon bucket from 200 yards using ironsights. Ever since those few shots Ive fired off. I have always been completely comfortable with a weapon. It really isn't that hard too use one. For the fun of it we can train the "lolwebuls" if you want too.
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Character Name : blerygan rynauew

Post by H.Drescher Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:30 pm

I also meant Physical and mental training. *cough cough* You know so they can endure the horrors they see outside of the city. MPF may be bad, but OTA will be worst, theres antlions and everything else too.
    russ
    russ

Post by russ Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:10 am

It's fun to include training in roleplay, but you have to do it right. Select a trainer well, and if you don't have any characters who really know their stuff, and you want the rebels to be good fighters, then we shouldn't have people making characters who are magically being trained past the level that the trainer is capable of. Instead, we should have a new character come into play that knows their stuff.

It's not bad to have a poor leader leading in roleplay, but we can't have them thinking their character is a good leaders OOC. Instead, we need to have people accepting the roles they fit into. Good leaders will be good leaders, bad leaders will be bad leaders, and their differing times in leadership will tell differing stories because of their skill in leading and the choices that they make.
    Xeanos
    Xeanos

Post by Xeanos Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:21 am

Training is dumb - The whole point of being a civilian resistance is to be untrained and use gorilla warfare.
    russ
    russ

Post by russ Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:37 am

There's nothing wrong with having a character that knows a little bit about what they're doing and decides to take the reigns and give some pointers. When it comes to the concept of guerrilla warfare, the soldiers being untrained has nothing to do with it. Though it's a lot easier to conserve supplies as you turn it into a war on attrition, the main reason a fighting force uses guerrilla tactics is because they're outnumbered and their best chance is to chip away at the enemy rather than fight them full on.

See: Odessa instructing the rebels on the proper use of a rocket launcher. There's no reason for the rebels not to practice and try and better themselves so that when it does come to exchanging lead, they don't get wiped.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:34 am