estrik ripley

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no longer rp

5 posters

Misterjohn's metropolice force application.

Misterjohn
    Misterjohn

Character Name : Ronaaalllld mcdawnellld

Misterjohn's metropolice force application. Empty Misterjohn's metropolice force application.

Post by Misterjohn Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:58 pm

Steam Name: ChaosWulf

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/icwutyoudidthar/

Requested Unit Digits (5): 03706

How long have you been roleplaying? November Fifteenth, 2010.

Do you have any past experience roleplaying as a Civil Protection Unit? Yes, On Nova Gaming.

What lead your character to join the Metropolice Force? A quest to help the greater good that he considers to be the UU.

What are your character's personality traits? Somewhat stubborn, Unopposed to change.

Write a Background Story (App. 2+ Paragraphs) of your character's life, and how they got into their current situation: Harold Marcott was born on august 17th, 1992. He grew up in the midwestern united states, Where tornados were plentiful,and everybody knew their neighbor. When he was around 15, his house got hit directly by a tornado, and severely injured him and killed his father. his mother was heartbroken, and became disconnected from reality, and eventually overdosed on medication. Harold was put into an orphanage, where he remained until he turned 18. Once he turned 18, he left and went to the coastal trade depot of new york city, and stayed there for two more years.

After awhile he went on a road trip with some friends, and his car crashed because of a flat tire. He got out and walked over near it, his buddy jack was examining the strange, sharp and glowing projectile wedged into the back tire. Harold went over and flagged down another car, but the car didn't stop. Then, Harold turned around to see jack, well what was left of him flying through the air, the car on fire and blood everywhere. Suddenly, strange creatures began coming from the direction the car had come from. Suddenly, Harold blacked out, and woke up inside some kind of storage chamber within a moving synth. There were several other people in the room, all held in place by the same organic goo that was holding Harold.

Some were asleep, others stared off into distant imaginary lands, The ones who were awake were crying as the organic goo tightened on them, nearly crushing them. Shortly after, Harold and the others in the chamber were released, and ordered to form a line, and walk forward, silently, and not to make any sudden movements. They were all given a bag with clothes in it, then sent behind a curtain, disposing of the old clothes and returning in the identical blue denim boiler suits with number tags on them. As they passed the door of the strange warehouse, a small machine dispensed a receipt like paper, that listed Their Citizen ID, their new place of residence, and gave instructions on how to get there, along with an early UU clamp logo.

Harold took the paper, and walked out onto the streets of the new city. He left to go locate his apartment. Upon arriving, he sat down on the couch, and fell asleep. He awoke in the middle of the night, to hear a strange tapping noise at his window, although on the second floor he checked it anyway. It was a bird that had nested on the window's ledge. It flew away as he approached, but it was a small reminder of the universal union's propaganda with a crow on it. He decided to see what the union could offer to himself, and decided to head to the union building's lobby. Upon walking inside, he submitted an application and waited patiently to be called up to the booth.

Provide an example of passive roleplay as a Civil Protection Unit (App 2+ Paragraphs):

MPF-RCT.03706 walks into the nexus locker room, and puts his equipment away, after a long day of training.

MPF-RCT.03706 closes his locker, and looks in the mirror.

MPF-RCT.03706 whispers: You're a tool, Harold. Get rid of the mask and go waste your useless existance in that dimly lit apartment. You don't deserve to be a unit.

MPF-RCT.03706 Turns around, and takes his mask off, clipping it to his belt and walking over to the other RCT units, and engages in casual conversation regarding the job, and the UU.

MPF-RCT.03706 Finishes the conversation, and walks off, and puts the rest of his suit away, then goes back over to the conversing units and says goodbye, then heads out of the locker room.

Harold Marcott heads into a maintenance corridor of the building.

Harold Marcott slams himself into the wall, then kicks a storage crate, while pretending it is a citizen.

Harold Marcott sits down on the crate and argues with himself whether or not to quit the force before he becomes just like the brain-dead high ranked units. He decides to act on it later.

Harold Marcott walks to the end of the corridor, looks behind him, and opens the door.

Harold Marcott exits the maintenance corridor, looks around, and enters the lobby then exits the nexus.

In-Character Information

Name: Harold Marcott

Citizen Identification Digits: 03706

Weight: 65.7 KG (145 pounds)

Height: 185.4 cm (6'2)

Hair Color: Jet black

Eye Color: Dark green with hazel specks.

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Distinguishing Marks: Freckles, Acne scarring on cheeks and forehead, Patches of skin discoloured.

Detainment History: No detainment history, record is a clean slate.

Please mark one with a

Are you currently a member of the Civil Workers’ Union?

Yes _ No ✔

Please mark one with a ✔

Have you committed any crimes against the Universal Union? If so, list them below.

Yes _ No ✔

Please mark one with a ✔

Have you been a member or supporter of any armed forces? If so, list them below.

Yes _ No ✔

Explain briefly, why you wish to become a member of the Civil Protection service:

>>

I want to become a member of the universal union's Civil Protection service to help enforce the greater good, for a safer civilized society, To help contain, and prevent anti-civil incidents, and to pay my debt to the glorious Universal Union.

Signature: Harold Marcott

CandleJack
    CandleJack
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Misterjohn's metropolice force application. Empty Re: Misterjohn's metropolice force application.

Post by CandleJack Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:49 pm

give it a 9/11

Misterjohn
    Misterjohn

Misterjohn's metropolice force application. Empty Re: Misterjohn's metropolice force application.

Post by Misterjohn Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:08 pm

CandleJack wrote:give it a 9/11

What is this I don't even
    kamikazefork
    kamikazefork
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Alex Henrey

Post by kamikazefork Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:26 pm

This is what happens when you are born
    Misterjohn
    Misterjohn

Post by Misterjohn Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:33 pm

kamikazefork wrote:This is what happens when you are born

Wat
    duckhead666
    duckhead666
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : imafaggot

Post by duckhead666 Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:34 am

So, I've made a list of things I can conclude about your character's personality...

1: Both listed psychological traits basically mean the opposite of one another.

2: He... is... technically a loyalist I guess?

3: He notices birds when they make sounds.

4: He wanted to join the UU because he... err...

You're making this tough on me, soldier. I don't want it to seem like I'm personally biased against you, though I'm beginning to accuse myself of that. I really tried to find this one good, but it just doesn't have a soul.
    Misterjohn
    Misterjohn

Post by Misterjohn Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:08 am

duckhead666 wrote:So, I've made a list of things I can conclude about your character's personality...

1: Both listed psychological traits basically mean the opposite of one another.

2: He... is... technically a loyalist I guess?

3: He notices birds when they make sounds.

4: He wanted to join the UU because he... err...

You're making this tough on me, soldier. I don't want it to seem like I'm personally biased against you, though I'm beginning to accuse myself of that. I really tried to find this one good, but it just doesn't have a soul.

Fair points, but let me reply to those.

1. The psychological traits, yeah I kinda worded that wrong. I might redo this entire thing and re-submit it.

2. No, he's one of those people caught in the middle. He knows the combine isn't right, but as you'll see in the application he faked thinking they're the best thing ever. All he wants is to be on the winning side.

3. That bit was thrown in as a symbolic gesture to some of the propaganda that has the crow on the logo. It wasn't necessary, I just felt like adding it because where else do you see that in an application?

4. Yeah I butchered that. I'll revise it and make it more understandable, then re-submit it later on.

------

Also, what did you think of the backstory? I tried my best to fill the canonical part of the synths, as it was a blank slate, seeing as freeman shows up after the war, by quite awhile, where there were no foot soldiers during the 7 hour war.

Thanks again for reading it though, duck.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Darnell Jackson

Post by Sinic Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:43 pm

It's not a crow on the propaganda, it's a dove (symbolizing peace), not sure where you get the idea of a crow from, as the only thing they symbolize is death, and we all know that the Combine tries their best to not make them look like ruthless killers.

Misterjohn's metropolice force application. Paperposter001a

Also, you got the Steam ID mixed up with your Steam URL, you can get your Steam ID at http://steamidfinder.com/.

And I also suggest bolding/colouring some of the questions so it's easier to read this app.
    duckhead666
    duckhead666
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : imafaggot

Post by duckhead666 Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:48 pm

Misterjohn wrote:
    Also, what did you think of the backstory? I tried my best to fill the canonical part of the synths, as it was a blank slate, seeing as freeman shows up after the war, by quite awhile, where there were no foot soldiers during the 7 hour war.

Thanks again for reading it though, duck.

The backstory is fine, but still doesn't tell anything about who your character really is or why. I'd focus on...

A) Defining moments in your character's life that may have shaped the way they think about things (usually pre-war).

B) The first encounter they have which causes them to actually contemplate whether or not the UU is right, or another reason why they would want to join the MPF.

C) Their actual thoughts and opinions regarding the wider (as in, not just personal to them, if applicable) significance of the universal union.
    Misterjohn
    Misterjohn

Post by Misterjohn Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:01 pm

Sinic wrote:It's not a crow on the propaganda, it's a dove (symbolizing peace), not sure where you get the idea of a crow from, as the only thing they symbolize is death, and we all know that the Combine tries their best to not make them look like ruthless killers.

I took that from the half life overwiki. dafuq. ._.
    kamikazefork
    kamikazefork
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Alex Henrey

Post by kamikazefork Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:23 pm

Everyone can put what ever on wikis, ask someone who knows things what racist bird is on the fascist poster.
    CandleJack
    CandleJack
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by CandleJack Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:47 pm

-dat shit is gonna 404 anyways-
    ~Sinic <3

man sized shit for man sized thread
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Darnell Jackson

Post by Sinic Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:28 pm

kamikazefork wrote:Everyone can put what ever on wikis, ask someone who knows things what racist bird is on the fascist poster.
    Why would he even need to look at the wiki? It's OBVIOUSLY, A FUCKING, DOVE.
    Misterjohn's metropolice force application. NnUZ

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 7:19 pm