estrik ripley

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no longer rp

4 posters

H.Dreschers Application for MPF

H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Character Name : blerygan rynauew

H.Dreschers Application for MPF Empty H.Dreschers Application for MPF

Post by H.Drescher Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:18 pm

Out-Of-Character Information

Steam Name: H.Drescher

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:11671940 00:23 137 0 active

Requested Unit Digits (5): 42085

How long have you been roleplaying? Around 3 through 4 years. However during these years I have played through many different communities, like Pulsar Effect, Orange Cosmos, Taco N Banana( I hated that one), Nova Gaming, and various others that I would have a hard time remembering.

Do you have any past experience roleplaying as a Civil Protection Unit? I have experience in Nova Gaming and I would say I have done a good job in it, but there were good times and bad times.

What lead your character to join the Metropolice Force? A series of unfortunate heart breaking events and being tired of having to live on the streets with an empty stomach most of the time starving.

What are your character's personality traits? (Personality and mentality.) Adventurous being one of his personalities as well as being very charismatic and being able to occasionally talk someone into doing something stupid.

Write a Background Story (App. 2+ Paragraphs) of your character's life, and how they got into their current situation:

In the year 1995 I was born,I grew up in a wealthy family and much like every other rich child, I had straight A's in school. I never really struggled nor did I know what it was like to be poor. I grew up in high school quietly not attracting any attention, except for a couple friends. After I finished High-School, I went off to college at the year 2011, I graduated high-school at the mere age of six-teen. Many people say I was gifted in many things. As I went off into college, I was there for only six months when strange things started to happen. These so called strange things were happening in New-Mexico. For several days we could see what looked like artillery explosions and weird flying machines. I paid very much attention to them, writing detailed descriptions of them. Then, it happened.

A large flash of light beamed through the desert, 10 seconds later, a huge cloud of dust moved towards the school, I was right in front of the window and had no time to react. The glass broke in front of me and sprayed all over the room. I was on the floor, with many tiny glass pieces in exposed parts of my body. I fell asleep, from what my doctors say for about one year. I was in a coma for one year. You can miss many things in one year. However whats even more amazing is that later that day, was the day humanity fought for its life.

The seven hour war happened, as its now dubbed. Earth's forces were completely crushed, and where was I? I was in Arizona, being evacuated at hour three. It was said that by hour five that half of the united states was crushed, along with its military, warheads, and Government. All wiped out in five hours. I was evacuated to Poland where at hour nine, these aliens were waiting for us, with their weird weapons pointed at the aeroplane. Terrified I was, as all of us were forced out of the aeroplane. The children and elderly were separated from the teenagers and adults. They forces took they to the hanger and the only thing we could hear and see from the hanger were muzzle flashes and
    2:08 AM - H. Drescher: the sounds of screaming people. I will never forget that moment. However, it also reminded me how powerful these new forces were, and it also interested me, in how powerful they were, inspiring me, to join them.

Provide an example of passive roleplay as a Civil Protection Unit (App 2+ Paragraphs):

Poor example:

Civil protection Unit 81234: STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM, YOU HAVE BROKEN THE LAW, PAY THE DECIDING FINE OR ITS OFF TO JAIL.

Good Example ( like from a story book):

A citizen by the name of Ellis walks past a Civil Protection unit mumbling to himself.

The civil protection unit stops the citizen and says, Stop mumbling to your self, move it.

The citizen walks off mumbling off, this time it was about the unit.

The unit hears the citizen Ellis mumble off about him and proceeds to stop him.

The civil Protection unit asks, "Final warning, Stop mumbling about me, the food, and everything else, or I will revoke your rations and take you off for re-education."

The citizen's eyes twitch a bit, and then stops mumbling and walks to his Combine provided housing unit, the unit keeps a close eye on the citizen.

However please note that I wrote this in some what as a story book fashion, I know that the commands would be /me, realistically of course not, /me straps on rocket boots and flies away.

In-Character Information

Name: Hans Drescher

Weight: 104 Lb

Height: 5'8

Hair Color: Blond

Eye Color: Blue Eyes

Ethnicity: White

Distinguishing Marks: None

Detainment History: None

Please mark one with a X✔️

Are you currently a member of the Civil Workers’ Union?

Yes __ No _X_

Have you committed any crimes against the Universal Union? If so, list them below.

Yes __ No _X_

>>

Have you been a member or supporter of any armed forces? If so, list them below.

Yes __ No _X_

>>

Explain briefly, why you wish to become a member of the Civil Protection service:

>> To protect the citizens of the street from harming each other and theirself's and to serve the city.

Signature: Hans Drescher

-MPF-SeC.45572,

City Fourty Five Sectorial Commander

-Mitchell Donson,

City Forty Five Administrator

[WARNING: Falsification of ANY Official Union Documentation will result in PERMANENT OFFWORLD-RELOCATION!]

[/left][center]

Trollface
    duckhead666
    duckhead666
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : imafaggot

H.Dreschers Application for MPF Empty Re: H.Dreschers Application for MPF

Post by duckhead666 Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:40 am

I told you that it ought to be revised, and I gave you plenty of time to do it. But you didn't, and as much as I regret saying this... it's not great. It's sloppy, full of grammatical errors and uninteresting. You really didn't bother to create a character so much as begrudgingly fill out the application. I think I've been perfectly clear that I will not accept lack of effort. I know you could have done better than this; I've seen you roleplay. But it really is the thought that counts, and you didn't even put that effort in.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Darnell Jackson

Post by Sinic Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:03 am

duckhead666 wrote:I told you that it ought to be revised, and I gave you plenty of time to do it. But you didn't, and as much as I regret saying this... it's not great. It's sloppy, full of grammatical errors and uninteresting. You really didn't bother to create a character so much as begrudgingly fill out the application. I think I've been perfectly clear that I will not accept lack of effort. I know you could have done better than this; I've seen you roleplay. But it really is the thought that counts, and you didn't even put that effort in.
    I don't think it was really that bad, honestly, even if he did get a lot of chances, I still thought this was satisfactory, but it still required some fixes and maybe some additions in length. But nothing so bad to make a huge sentence of denial.

But how come I am always used as an example in every application I seen, with "Sinic" and "Ellis"? (Owl's admin application format, this application)

I must be really loved. :foreveralone:
    duckhead666
    duckhead666
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : imafaggot

Post by duckhead666 Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:35 pm

Sinic wrote:
    duckhead666 wrote:I told you that it ought to be revised, and I gave you plenty of time to do it. But you didn't, and as much as I regret saying this... it's not great. It's sloppy, full of grammatical errors and uninteresting. You really didn't bother to create a character so much as begrudgingly fill out the application. I think I've been perfectly clear that I will not accept lack of effort. I know you could have done better than this; I've seen you roleplay. But it really is the thought that counts, and you didn't even put that effort in.
    I don't think it was really that bad, honestly, even if he did get a lot of chances, I still thought this was satisfactory, but it still required some fixes and maybe some additions in length. But nothing so bad to make a huge sentence of denial.

But how come I am always used as an example in every application I seen, with "Sinic" and "Ellis"? (Owl's admin application format, this application)

I must be really loved. :foreveralone:

What matters is that I gave him the opportunity to put that effort in, and he didn't do it.

He hasn't even created a character here so much as a blank slate for him to cruise through training with. You shouldn't want MPF just for the sake of having MPF in the game, you should create a character from the ground up; figure out their opinions on things, figure out their early experiences in the cities, and most importantly, figure out what the last straw was before they made the important decision to join the MPF. "Oh wow these people, are interesting, and powerful, and I am, improperly, overusing commas" is not a valid reason to do it. Nor is being 'hungry and on the street;' which doesn't even make any sense. Every citizen is given a place to live, even if it's a shithole. In addition, every single law abiding citizen in the city is given enough food to do rigorous physical labor without dying. They're hardly malnourished, though they're certainly not healthy or comfortable. When the citizen in the opening says they'd join Civil Protection just to get a decent meal, they're vastly exaggerating. Joining the MPF is fucking scary; there are a lot of potential horrible consequences and things that the Combine does to Units subconsciously and chemically that they aren't even aware of entirely. You risk your life every day, and risk becoming no more than a mask and a set of numbers. All of this is very, very scary, and 'wanting better food' is in no way enough to entice you to join. You need to be ready to devote yourself to that, and it's not an easy decision to make. H. Drescher has not convinced me that his character would have that kind of drive.
    Lone
    Lone
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Alan White

Post by Lone Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:59 pm

And this is exactly why Duck is in charge of the MPF.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:40 am